Are you looking for ways to:
Relax and Renew
Reconnect With Your Self
Recover From Your Busy Life
These are all benefits you can enjoy through Body Bliss Yoga which provides a gentle, safe, non-athletic style of hatha yoga. It focuses on unraveling tensions deep in your spinal muscles, working from the tailbone all the way up to the neck in every class and every private session.
These classes are appropriate for the fit and the not-so-fit, for beginners and experienced, and for anyone with stress in body/mind/life!
Anyone can do it, everyone can benefit!
- Relieves tension and pain in muscles, especially your back, neck and shoulders, which also improves posture.
- Releases deep internal tensions, which improves the functioning of all systems of your body, including circulatory, digestive, endocrine, lymphatic, muscular, nervous, reproductive, respiratory, and skeletal systems.
- Increases flexibility, giving you more comfort and ease in your body.
- Relieves stress, which gives you more energy.
- Quiets your mind, which gives you a deep sense of peace and puts you in touch with deeper dimensions of your Self.
About This Style of Hatha Yoga
Body Bliss teaches a style of yoga called Svaroopa® Yoga (“svah-roo-pah”), often referred to as “bliss yoga”. Svaroopa® Yoga works with the body in a radically different way from other forms of yoga and exercise. It uses precise alignments, props and hands-on adjustments to reach into the deepest layers of spinal muscles to unravel and release tension. When those tight spinal muscles relax a domino effect of release begins working it’s way throughout the whole body. This release at the core allows other areas to release in turn, so the results are felt not only in the whole body, but also in the mind and spirit, bringing profound healing, centeredness and serenity.
What is different about Svaroopa® Yoga is the basic premise that the body releases most readily when it is physically supported, just as we relax and are most open when we feel emotionally supported. Therefore, props like thick blankets and chairs are often used to provide ease in the postures.
The most singular effect of Svaroopa® Yoga is found in the results, letting go of what is not you, the contractions in body, mind and spirit, so that you live the truth of who you are!